Why Buy LG Chem Solar?
What started life as a cosmetics manufacturer in 1947 is today a worldwide force in chemicals, IT, electronics and energy solutions. Headquartered in South Korea, LG Chem position themselves as the “Face of the Future” which is the meaning behind their iconic corporate logo, i.e. the “face of an energetic young person who constantly challenges and innovates for the world’s best”.
The LG Group has harnessed years of experience and expertise in the chemical, electronics and technology industry in order to contribute to the quest for more sustainable energy. The company has won numerous awards for their energy solutions and is recognised as a world leader in the photovoltaic industry.
- Industry leading, award winning company. LG Chem has been producing energy solutions for 22 years and is widely recognised as one of the industry leaders in lithium-ion technology.
- Slim, lightweight design. The design of the LG Chem RESU is undoubtedly contemporary and has been designed for easy positioning in your home. It has a depth from the wall of just 12cm and is just 52kg.
- Powerful Performance. The RESU battery series features industry-leading continuous power (4.2kW for RESU6.5) with DC round-trip efficiency (95%). LG Chem’s Lamination & Stacking technology provides durability delivering 80% of capacity retention after 10 years.
- Proven Safety. All products are fully certified in relevant global standards with enclosure protection rating of IP55.
LG chem with your Solaredge system
SolarEdge’s StorEdge™ DC coupled storage solution allows home owners to maximize self-consumption and to enable energy independence. Unused PV power is stored in a battery and used when needed to maximize self consumption. The solution is based on a single inverter for both PV and storage.
Can be added to existing PV systems using SolarEdge inverters.
- DC coupled solution allows high system efficiency
- PV power is stored directly in the battery
- No additional conversions from AC to DC and back to AC
- Module-level power optimization for more power harvesting
- A single inverter for both PV and on-grid storage
- Outdoor installation allows flexibility in battery location
- No special wires required - uses the same PV cables with no high voltages & currents during installation and maintenance
- PV array and battery voltage designed to reduce to safe voltage upon AC shut down
- Monitor the battery status, PV production, and self-consumption data
- Smarter energy consumption to reduce electricity bill
- Remote access to inverter/battery software
- Easy access to the inverter during maintenance (outdoor installation)
The system consists of
- A SolarEdge inverter and Power Optimisers - to connect the solar photovoltaic (PV) panels.
- A StorEdge interface unit to control battery charging.
- A high voltage battery - to store the energy when it’s generated, for use when it’s needed e.g. LG Chem RESU H.
- SolarEdge Energy Meter for monitoring import/export to the grid.
Are you interested in having a quote for adding a battery system? Please fill in survey form.